December 27, 2010

Just Do It

I'm an awesome project starter. Let me tell you. I'll see something on TV or online and just know that I need to do it too. I'll sit in the room in question, stare at my canvas, brainstorm the possibilities, make at least one to do list, and run out to get my supplies. Then...oh look, Real Housewives of Who Cares is on... I often get distracted, overwhelmed, or just plain scared. Do I really know what I'm doing? Is that color a really good idea? Do I really even like that? Second guessing yourself stinks.

Luckily the other half of the DIO duo is a get 'er done kind of guy (which, by the way, I both love and loathe). If he (I) sets his mind to do something, it's guaranteed to get done immediately. If it's something he hasn't done before, he takes the time to research the best method and gives himself a realistic timeline to complete it rather than, you know, jumping in after one 30 minute glimpse on a home improvement channel.

Inviting someone over to our house, though, is usually the only best catalyst I need to finish a project. So when we decided to have a party to celebrate the graduation of a dear friend, I knew it would be more than just throwing together a spread; a serious room makeover was needed.

Project: Dining Room

This was the state it was in when we moved in. This picture is deceiving though, as the previous owners had a food fight before they left. I'll fill you in on how that was fixed later.


What gets you motivated to finish a project?

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments: