February 10, 2011

Sugar Shock

I am on a diet. The first phase of this diet eliminates sugar, caffeine, and meat aka the loves of my life...besides the Mister. While I'm not hungry (it's all you can eat fruits and veggies), I may snap. My office is full of sugary goodness, and I kid you not, I could smell doughnuts from 50 yards away. I'm talking football field distance. To make matters worse, I'm attempting to make a birthday cake for my best friend. I have to wash my beaters every time I pull them out of the batter so I won't lick them. Forget water boarding, this is torture.

Anyway, This isn't my first cake rodeo. I'm no baker, but I enjoy decorating. Here's my first attempt at using fondant for my 25th birthday:








Not bad, but why would I possibly work with something I know and try to perfect it? Because I'm stupid. This time, I going buttercream. Shortening, powered sugar, and more powdered sugar. I may snort my countertop. Wish me luck!


- Posted using BlogPress

No comments: